- Shop together
- Select recipes and plan menus together
- Make food shopping a fun field trip
- Make healthy food choices with family and friends
A notable food story in 2011 was the introduction of the MyPlate icon to replace MyPyramid. The plate itself may be a reminder to take the time to plan meals and sit at the table to eat them. Find these and more suggestions when you click on the consumer link in the middle of the MyPlate homepage. Check out the guidance for families with small children.
The USDA has a new online tool to give you guidance on healthy eating. It is called the SuperTracker — a comprehensive web tool designed to make healthful food choices.
- PLAN AHEAD Prepare a nutrition and physical activity plan
- BE KNOWLEDGEABLE Look up nutrition information on your favorite foods
- TRACK YOUR SUCCESS Keep a journal of foods and notice healthy choices