Every cell in our bodies needs water to function. Every cell needs water. Water keeps our bodies in balance. Usually, our fluid needs are met with daily meals, snacks, and drinks. This balance may change, however, if you are beginning a new exercise schedule or with the weather. Activity intensity and duration will also affect the balance.
Your body loses fluid through normal body functions and sweat.
Did you know…
- Sweat may or may not be visible. You sweat even if it is cool, you sweat in a pool, and you sweat in the winter.
- Drink more when it is hot. Heat and humidity can cause dehydration more quickly with sweat loss.
Water is a great choice for hydration!
- Drink when you are thirsty.
- Drink during your exercise activity
- Replace fluids when you complete your activity
- Keep water handy
- Add slices of fruit to water for a refreshing change